I am not ready for autumn weather but these soft, baked pumpkin spice donuts have the perfect sweetness and fill your kitchen with a warm, comforting aroma. They are sure to please!
– 1-3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
– 3/4 cup of white, granulated sugar
– 3/4 cup of light, packed brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of canola, coconut, or vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 1-1/2 cup of pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling, just purée)
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For topping (cinnamon-sugar mixture):
– 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of white, granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease two 6 donut pans
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine white sugar and brown sugar. With an electric mixer, beat in canola oil, eggs, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract.
4. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, and beat until well combined.
5. Pipe donut batter into donut pans, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. While donuts are baking, mix cinnamon and sugar well. After you take donuts out of oven, and while they are sill warm, dip them in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on wire cooling rack. Enjoy!